- Smita N. Deshpande, M.D., D.P.M., Senior Psychiatrist, Associate Professor and Head.
- Arvind Kumar, M.D., Senior Psychiatrist (three days a week)
- Dinkar Minz, M.D., Chief Medical Officer ( NFSG)
- Mina Chandra, M.B.B.S. Senior Medical Officer
- Ram Pratap Beniwal, M.D., Medical Officer ( two days a week)
- Shri Krishna Das, Ph.D., P.S.W., Psychiatric Social Worker
- Ram Chander Das, Occupational Therapist
- Jai Narayan, Recreational Therapist
- Senior Residents (All with post graduate qualifications : four)
The Department is headed by Dr. Smita N. Deshpande, M.D., D.P.M., and ably assisted by a team of dedicated and qualified Psychiatrists. There is one other Senior Specialist and three psychiatrists of the Medical Officer cadre who are all post graduates in Psychiatry. Four Senior Residents, themselves also Psychiatry post graduates assist them in patient care. In addition we avail of the services of a Psychiatric Social Worker who is also qualified as Ph.D. in Psychology. We have a trained Occupational Therapist specializing in Mental Retardation and a Recreational Therapist.
There is a fully equipped male and female ward with de-addiction beds, served by experienced and dedicated nurses. We have 12 beds in the female ward (10 general and 2 de-addiction) and 30 in the male ward (20 general and 10 de-addiction).
The Day Care Centre provides Day Care to patients who cannot hold a regular job, till they are confident enough to go back to the larger society.
The Yoga Center provides regular Yoga training to our own patients and to patients from the Department of Cardiology. It is headed by Dr. Shyam Narayan Pandey, ARO (NC), CCRYN.